Skip to content
- What is a Sister City relationship? – They are relationships between municipal governments developed to identify and encourage cultural and economic relations between citizens.
- How many Sister Cities does Fort Worth, Texas have? – The City of Fort Worth has entered into formal agreements recognized by the U.S. Department of State with eight international cities.
- What is the arrangement between the City of Fort Worth and Fort Worth Sister Cities? Fort Worth Sister Cities is under contract with the City of Fort Worth to manage its Sister Cities program on behalf of its citizens. The organization currently receives approximately 4.3% of its core budget from the City. The remainder of Sister Cities’ budget is raised through individuals, corporations, foundations and special events.
- What is the annual economic impact of Sister Cities programs? Sister Cities programs yield an annual economic impact of approximately $2.6 million.
- How many volunteers help make Fort Worth Sister Cities so successful? Annually, 1,500 citizens of Fort Worth participate as members and volunteers in programs.
- What is the main goal of Fort Worth Sister Cities? Mutually beneficial people-to-people exchanges.
- How many Sister Cities programs exist? Every major city in the U.S. has a sister cities program. You can learn more about Sister Cities International on their website. www.sister-cities.org.
- How many visitors come to Fort Worth through the Sister Cities program? Sister Cities hosts nearly 500 visitors for programs and exchanges annually.
- Sister Cities members are considered citizen diplomats.
- Does Sister Cities provide financial assistance? Every student ambassador seeking financial assistance has been helped in some way.
- Are scholarships available? Over $88,000 was awarded in scholarships to Fort Worth students and educators in 2013.
Why Support Fort Worth Sister Cities?
- Creates economic impact on Fort Worth’s local economy of $2.6 million annually
- Leverages international relationships to attract economic connections
- Provides access to decision makers in international markets
- Provides students with leadership skills preparing them for a global marketplace
- Helps strengthen America’s international relationships
- Helps create a more peaceful world today and for the future eliminating misunderstanding and prejudices that lead to conflict