All Youth Ambassadors become Citizen Diplomats, sworn in by the Mayor of Fort Worth, with a mission of connecting Fort Worth with the world.
Youth Ambassadors from 8 – 12th grades represent Fort Worth and the USA in the cities visited while learning the importance of global volunteerism. Students also participate in monthly orientation meetings to prepare for the exchanges.
Congratulations to the 2017 Youth Ambassadors, Delegation and Associate Delegation Leaders. Click here for a list of 2017 Youth Ambassadors.
Youth Ambassador and Delegation Leader Applications Are Closed for 2017
- Youth Ambassador Brochure and Application Form
- Youth Ambassador Teacher Recommendation Form (required)
- Youth Scholarship Request Form (optional)
Opportunities are also available for Delegation and Associate Delegation Leaders. If you have what it takes to lead a youth exchange, consider applying for one of these positions next year.
Who is Eligible?
- Students from 8th to 12th grades with demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience and willingness to participate in community service and volunteer activities
- Established academic accomplishments
- Ability to express ideas clearly both verbally and in writing
- Interest in international cultures
What are the Benefits?
- Develop leadership skills by representing the City of Fort Worth and the United States.
- Learn diplomacy skills.
- Appreciation of volunteerism by participating in community service projects.
- Understanding of other cultures while living with a host family.
- New friendships expanding the potential for peace in the future.