Fort Worth’s closest Sister City, Toluca, Mexico, is the state capital of the State of Mexico, as well as the seat of the Municipality of Toluca. It is the center of a rapidly growing urban area, now the fifth-largest in Mexico. Toluca has become an important economic city because of its robust industries and infrastructure, producing beverages, food, textiles, cars and electronic products.
Experience Toluca, Mexico
Toluca was signed after a one-year selection process that identified Toluca as the city with the highest marks on the selection criteria. Because so much community participation went into the decision to connect with Toluca, many exciting programs began immediately, such as:
- Middle and high school-to-school partnerships including a model United Nations program
- Municipal and economic forums
- Monarch butterfly tourism exchange
- Culture, language and mentoring programs
- Medical school intern program
- City of Fort Worth Police Department training program
Greetings from Fernando Zamora Morales, mayor of Toluca.