Host Students and Teachers
Open your home to the world.
As a home host, you are on the front lines of providing visitors a glimpse of our way of life, sharing our local food, activities and customs. You choose what type of visitor you’d like to host – student, teacher, business person, etc. – as well as indicate a gender preference. The activities you share with your visitor may include cultural and historical places of interest, sports and recreational venues, or places of worship, along with day trips to Dallas, Austin and San Antonio. Hosts are given the opportunity to participate in as little or as many of these activities as they wish.
Home Hosting Opportunities
Dual Language Immersion Camp with Fort Worth ISD:
- June 8 – 30. University students and their professors from Toluca, Mexico are creating the dual language curriculum in Spanish and English for Fort Worth ISD elementary school students. The students will be the lead facilitators for this program and will work with the elementary school students Monday-Thursday. Activities will be planned for them for Fridays and afternoons.
- July 6 – 12 – Junior International Leadership Academy. University students and their professor from Toluca, Mexico will participate in the Jr. ILA program. Students from Toluca, Mexico will be the facilitators for middle school youth from 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. during the week with classes held at one of our local FWISD schools.
- July 19 – 23 – International Leadership Academy. Hosting weekend – just four nights! Return the students to TCU on Monday morning, July 23. High school students from our sister cities and teachers all speak English and want to experience our Texas hospitality. We are expecting up to 100 youth!
Mbabane, Swaziland and Reggio Emilia, Italy Extended Stay:
- July 26 – August 2 – High school students from our sister cities Mbabane, Swaziland and Reggio Emilia, Italy will be on an extended stay after ILA and want to experience Fort Worth through our eyes.
- A host family orientation will be scheduled on June 26 with a location TBD to ensure an enriched and successful hosting experience. You will receive the photo and profile of your guests at this meeting.
- Host families do not need to have teenage children to host since international students will be in class with high school students during the day.
- Families with no children in the home are asked to host two students of the same gender from the same country.
- Host families DO NOT have to be Fort Worth Sister Cities members, so if you have friends who can help, please let us know or have them contact our office for information. If not current members – they will receive a complimentary one-year family membership to Fort Worth Sister Cities International.