Apply for an internship.
Fort Worth Sister Cities International is seeking enthusiastic individuals with a global-citizenship mindset who are interested in being part of a successful nonprofit organization committed to cultivating international relationships and cultural understanding.
Each internship position is centered around international project management and provides you with hands-on experience in managing youth and adult exchanges, as well as local projects. Universities may offer course credit for our internships, so check with your adviser to see if ours meet the criteria for your school.
Internship opportunities focus on a variety of career interests, including:
- Nonprofit Management/Development
- Marketing & Communications
- Cultural Exchange Programs, Youth & Adult
- Tourism/Cultural Diversity
- Develop experience in creating international projects from the ground to final implementation
- Opportunity to establish a network with international and local business, government and community groups
- Develop an understanding of international cultural and political relations
- Establish experience in a highly visible position
- Excellent international experience to include on working resume
Ideal candidates have the following qualities:
- Great work ethic and positive attitude
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Well-developed internet research skills
- Ability to work in a multitask environment
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated computer proficiency: Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Copy editing and writing skills