Connecting globally. Thriving locally.
Fort Worth Sister Cities International is a proud member of an international network of citizen diplomats from more than 500 communities with over 2,000 partnerships in 145 countries around the globe. Our continuously expanding international network now includes eight Sister Cities.
At Fort Worth Sister Cities International, we recognize the role individual communities play on the global stage. Fort Worth is the 15th-largest city in the United States – and one of the fastest-growing. But in a world that is always getting smaller, that momentum is only possible through an expanded perspective – one that allows our community and its citizens to form international relationships, foster new business connections and promote tourism and cultural understanding.
Since 1985, the Fort Worth Sister Cities organization has worked hard in that capacity – and been recognized nationally and internationally for our far-reaching, innovative model programs. Led by a dedicated board of directors and with the help of more than 2,000 volunteers a year, Fort Worth Sister Cities has a long history of accomplishment – but we want to achieve more.
Our goals are to:
- Expand international relationships to support economic development and cultural fluency
- Develop a community-engagement campaign that will:
- Involve more students providing them with a global education
- Increase scholarships for disadvantaged youth
- Involve more citizens through educational initiatives and hosting
- Establish a Center for Global Relations to include:
- Protocol services and diplomacy education
- Corporate relocation services
- Database of international resources for travel and business
Fort Worth Sister Cities International is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Funding and in-kind support from the City of Fort Worth play a key role in our mission, but most of our work is made possible through the support of our Members Circle. This group is a thriving network of individuals, organizations, corporations and community leaders committed to expanding global relationships for peace and prosperity at home and abroad. Find out how you can support Fort Worth Sister Cities International.
To promote Fort Worth globally and enrich our community through international education, exchange and commerce, creating a more peaceful and prosperous world.
To serve as Fort Worth’s leading authority on international relations and ambassador for peaceful civic engagement.