Travel to places you won’t find on any map.
When cultural understanding is the goal, travel takes on a whole new dimension. It’s about more than seeing the world. It’s about truly experiencing it. Our exchange programs focus on deep involvement that creates connections and expands horizons. The benefits can be personal and professional, local and global, immediate and enduring.
Our adult exchange programs include:
- Outbound exchanges that give members an opportunity to travel to our sister cities
- Inbound exchanges that offer the opportunity for members to share their specialized skill sets, develop relationships and promote cultural understanding of our community
- Various local activities geared toward creating global understanding
Who is eligible?
- Professionals seeking international contacts and experiences
- Adults seeking greater intercultural understanding
- Join the Members Circle of Giving
- Learn more about upcoming exchanges
- Promote your own idea for an exchange
- Develop the legacy: share your story and the experiences of other members on our travel blog
Exploratory and Diplomatic Missions
Fort Worth Sister Cities International’s newest initiative includes exploring countries with topical interest in Fort Worth. With an objective of broadening the view of the world beyond Fort Worth’s current sister cities, delegates learn about the intricacies of U.S. relations with other countries. The overall goal of the exploratory, educational and diplomatic missions is for U.S. citizens to meet and get to know people around the world in order to gain a new perspective and enhance citizen diplomacy efforts on behalf of the U.S.
The organization has led educational missions to the following countries:
- Vietnam – 2014
- Cuba – 2016 & 2017
- Jordan – 2017
- Russia – 2018
- Argentina & Uruguay – 2019
Interested in organizing an exploratory exchange? Let us know.
“As a person who travels often, the international experience that Fort Worth Sister Cities provides is life changing! Sister Cities curates trips for our Fort Worth residents to engage and learn the values and cultures of other cities firsthand. I commend Sister Cities for the invaluable role that they play in advancing the City of Fort Worth’s international relations.” – Councilman Jared Williams, PhD