Support Ukrainian Refugees in Budapest
More than 10 million people are thought to have fled their homes in Ukraine to neighboring countries since this devastating war with Russia began. It’s a heartbreaking situation as many leave loved ones, pets and essentials behind.
Fort Worth’s sister city of Budapest, Hungary shares a border with Ukraine and is asking for our help for the nearly 25,000 Ukrainian refugees expected to arrive in Hungary. This support will provide shelter, food, transportation, counseling and other services for those in need.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Through May 31, Fort Worth Sister Cities International is collecting donations to be sent to Budapest on behalf of the Ukrainian refugees. 100% of the funds collected will be sent to Budapest Helps, an organization managed by the Municipality of Budapest.
You can read more about them here.
Throughout our 37-year history, Fort Worth has provided assistance to our international partners many times, and they have done the same for us. Some examples are the care given to 68 Fort Worthians on Sept. 11 in Trier, Germany and funds donated to help Fort Worth recover from the devastating tornado that hit downtown. Fort Worth in turn has given assistance to Japan and Indonesia after tsunamis in their countries and humanitarian aid to Mbabane, Eswatini and Toluca, Mexico.
We care for our friends and our friends care for us. Donate today to help the Ukrainian refugees in Budapest. Your donation is fully tax deductible. With these funds, our friends in Budapest will:
- Distribute food, water, clothing, bedding, hygiene items, and blankets
- Provide free transportation
- Supply baby products and services for children
- Prepare shelters for those who need a comforting place to sleep and feel safe
- Provide health-related services and medical support to those in need
- Provide psychosocial support for those who are physically, mentally and emotionally stressed
- Help connect people to other essential services.