Sister Cities Youth Board Elected for 2022-23 School Year
On May 15, the Fort Worth Youth International youth board met to elect new officers for the 2022-2023 school year. Stay tuned to hear about their new and innovative plans to engage the Fort Worth youth community.
We also thanked and celebrated the outgoing board for their accomplishments during the 2021-2022 school year. Led by President Reshma Niraula, the board hosted an international coffeehouse kickoff event, volunteered at the Mayor’s International International Dinner and Kodomo No Hi, educated their peers about New Year’s around the world, and sponsored an international book club.
Thank you to our outgoing board and congratulations to the new board!
- President – Leah Peterson, I.M. Terrell Academy for STEM and VPA
- Vice President – Valdemar Gomez, Nolan Catholic High School
- Secretary – Bryne Kane, Arlington Heights High School
- Public Relations – Katie Beckman, Birdville High School
- Community Outreach – Sophia Hernandez, Trinity Valley School
- Fundraising – Azael Hernandez, I.M. Terrell Academy for STEM and VPA
- Cultural Orientation – Lauren Oliver, Southlake Carroll High School
At Large Members
- Seth Mayhue, Fort Worth Country Day School
- Conner Smith, Paschal High School
- Julie Almanza, Paschal High School
- Jonathan Pulido, World Languages Institute
- Laila Abu Tobeh, Aledo High School
- Alexandra Rodriguez, Fort Worth Academy of Fine Arts
- Ian Valderas, IM Terrell, I.M. Terrell Academy for STEM and VPA